January 28, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to
limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is
granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers
desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and,
if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be
considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion.
There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is
required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar
section and will be considered separately.
1. Approval of minutes of regular meeting of November 19, 2003.
2. Accept monthly budget report (P.Scherff/T.Clark)
3. Approval of the December and January Arts and Culture Commission of
Contra Costa County Minutes (A.DiNicola)
4. Approval of cost of labels for books at Barnes and Nobles (C.Robinson)
5. Approval of additional cost for City Wide Read books (A.DiNicola)
6. Report on the insurance coverage for Art (P.Scherff)
7. Approval of changes made to the Arts Commission Committee matrix
8. Discussion of the Shakespeare Festival (J.Melloni)
9. Refresher on Purchasing Policies (P.Scherff)
10. Discussion of Arts Commission Tour of Brentwood (P.Scherff)
11. Review of the bids received for the Farmer Statue (B.Weber)
12. Report on the Stanley Mouse Art opening (M.Hannigan/B.Weber)
13. Discussion of Saturday Art Gallery openings and the schedule for the
14. Discussion on participating in the Day of the Young Child event
15. Report on the Public Art Committee meetings (R.Beatty)
16. Discussion and review of the 2004 Art Show schedule for the Activities
17. Discussion of Purchasing and Painting Horses for display and auction
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs,
services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner, which is
readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is
in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 cfr 35.102-35.104
ada title). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any
public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact
the city’s chief building official, Louis R. Kidwell (925) 634-6905.
Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 u.s.c. section
12101 et seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official.
Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the
city to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.