September 24, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to
limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is
granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers
desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and,
if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be
considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion.
There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is
required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar
section and will be considered separately.
1. Approval of minutes of regular meeting of August 27, 2003.
2. Accept agenda and minutes from Arts and Culture Commission of Contra
Costa County (A.DiNicola)
3. Accept monthly budget report (P. Scherff/T.Clark)
4. Accept monthly committee matrix (A. DiNicola)
5. Approval of a modification to the Public Art Guidelines (R. Beatty)
6. Approval of reimbursement to Ron Beatty for expenses for workshop in the
amount of $37 (R.Beatty)
7. Update on Art Ordinance/City Council meeting (R. Beatty)
8. Subcommittee report on usage of $80,000 Shea Homes donation (J. Trebino)
9. Update on volunteer program to keep art gallery open on weekends (B.
10. Discussion of Arts Commission Mission and Vision Statement (J. Melloni)
11. Update on commission website (P. McCarran/J. Bryant/A. DiNicola)
12. Update on financial issues regarding the art gallery reception (P.
13. Discussion of insurance coverage for art gallery (P. Scherff/ A.
14. Acceptance of Tamara Hill art show event guidelines (B. Weber/M.Hannigan)
15. 2003 Arts Recognition Awards letter (R. Beatty)
16. Update on A Day in the Park (C. Robinson)
17. Update on Press Release Workshop in Danville (R. Beatty)
18. Discussion of Art Society Sponsorship (J. Trebino)
19. Update on Brighton Station Art project (B. Guise/J. Bryant/B. Weber/M.Hannigan)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs,
services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner, which is
readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is
in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 cfr 35.102-35.104
ada title). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any
public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact
the city’s chief building official, Louis R. Kidwell (925) 634-6905.
Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 u.s.c. section
12101 et seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official.
Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the
city to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.