Vision Statement: Adding Joy to People's Lives.
August 27, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
ROLL CALL: Commissioner James Bryant is excused.
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approval of minutes of regular meeting of July 30, 2003.
2. Accept agenda and minutes from Arts and Culture Commission of Contra Costa County.
3. Accept monthly budget report.
4. Accept monthly committee matrix.
5. Update on the Citywide read program (L. Roudman)
6. Art ordinance/City Council meeting (R. Beatty)
7. Update on stage (P. Scherff/R. Beatty)
8. Purchase of Sanchez etchings of Brentwood landmarks reproduction (B. Guise)
9. Subcommittee report on usage of $80,000 Shea Homes donation (J. Trebino)
10. Art docent funding for Brentwood District Schools (M. Hannigan)
11. Volunteer program to keep art gallery open on weekends (B. Guise)
12. Art Commission Mission Statement (J. Melloni)
13. Update on commission website (P. McCarran)
14. Review of the Frank Lloyd Wright reception (Weber/Hannigan)
15. Change in art gallery reception day (Hannigan/Weber)
16. Reimbursement to Bill Weber for art reception expenses (B. Weber)
17. Financial issues regarding the art gallery reception (M. Hannigan)
18. Art Gallery reception postcards and mailing costs (B. Weber)
19. Insurance coverage for art gallery (P. Scherff/ A. DiNicole)
20. Discussion on for 2004 Concerts In The Park (P. Scherff)
21. Update on A Day in the Park Art and Wine Festival (C. Robinson)
22. Update on the commission polo shirts and logo (McCarran/Scherff)
23. Accounts set up for city purchases at local merchants (P. Scherff)
24. Discussion of grants from Target and Mervyns (J. Melloni)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
of Brentwood Arts Commission
35 Oak Street,
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5445