REGULAR MEETING – AMENDED AGENDA
February 26, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
CITIZEN COMMENTS: PERSONS ADDRESSING THE ARTS COMMISSION ARE REQUIRED TO LIMIT THEIR REMARKS TO FIVE (5) MINUTES UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED BY THE CHAIR SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF THE ARTS COMMISSION. SPEAKERS DESIRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS SHOULD DIRECT SAME TO THE ARTS COMMISSION AND, IF RELEVANT, THE COMMISSION MAY DIRECT SAME TO APPROPRIATE MEMBER FOR REPORT.
CONSENT CALENDAR: ALL MATTERS LISTED ON THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION WILL BE CONSIDERED ROUTINE BY THE COMMISSION AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION IS REQUIRED, THAT PARTICULAR ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION AND WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATELY.
1. Approval of minutes of regular meeting of January 22, 2003.
2. Accept agenda and minutes from Arts and Culture Commission of Contra Costa County.
3. Accept “Day in the Park” financial report (S. Barry).
4. Accept “Event Guidelines” (S. Barry).
5. Approval of Chris Robinson as Chair of Day in the Park event and approval of Standard Operating Procedures for this event (C. Bronzan)
6. Discussion and approval of Arts Commission ordinance revisions for recommendation to City Council (R. Beatty).
7. Discussion of Historian position (B. Guise).
8. Discussion and review of candidate applications for the Arts Commission (R. Beatty).
9. Update and discussion of Art in the Balfour Road Park Site (J. Melloni/B. Weber)
10. Update on Art Gallery (M. Hannigan/B.Weber).
11. Update on farmer statue (B. Weber).
12. Discussion and approval of 2003/2004 and 2004/2005 Arts Commission budgets (B. Guise/C. Woolley).
13. Update on mobile stage units (C. Bronzan).
14. Update and discussion of “Summer Concerts 2003 Series” (P. Scherff).
15. Update on City Council approval of a half-time Administrative Assistant position (C. Bronzan).
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE: (Annette Beckstrand)
A. Announcement of promotion of Poldina Scherff to Recreation Services Manager (C. Bronzan)
B. Update on Conflict of Interest (C. Bronzan)
C. Discussion and approval regarding storage area for the Arts Commission (S. Barry)
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS, SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER, WHICH IS READILY ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA TITLE). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTICIPATION IN ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY’S CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL, LOUIS R. KIDWELL (925) 634-6905. INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION 12101 ET SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE
THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.