January 22, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION: Presentation and discussion on “A Day in the Park” by Mel Eckerstrom.
CITIZEN COMMENTS: PERSONS ADDRESSING THE ARTS COMMISSION ARE REQUIRED TO LIMIT THEIR REMARKS TO FIVE (5) MINUTES UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED BY THE CHAIR SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF THE ARTS COMMISSION. SPEAKERS DESIRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS SHOULD DIRECT SAME TO THE ARTS COMMISSION AND, IF RELEVANT, THE COMMISSION MAY DIRECT SAME TO APPROPRIATE MEMBER FOR REPORT.
CONSENT CALENDAR: ALL MATTERS LISTED ON THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION WILL BE CONSIDERED ROUTINE BY THE COMMISSION AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION IS REQUIRED, THAT PARTICULAR ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION AND WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATELY.
1. Approval of minutes of regular meeting of November 20, 2002.
2. Accept “River of Words” seminar flyer.
3. Accept agenda and minutes from December and January Arts and Culture Commission of Contra Costa County.
4. Accept Annual Report for 2002 (R. Beatty)
5. Accept final “Day in the Park” financial report (S. Barry).
6. Discussion and approval of Arts Commission Projects for 2003 (R. Beatty)
7. Discussion and approval of “Event Guideline” process (J.Trebino).
8. Discussion and approval of Arts Commission enabling ordinance revision recommendation to City Council (R. Beatty).
9. Discussion and approval of Public Art Guidelines (M. Hannigan).
10. Discussion and approval of Historian position and recommendation to City Council (A. Beckstrand).
11. Discussion and approval of candidate applications for the Arts Commission (R. Beatty).
12. Discussion and approval of press release procedures (S. Barry).
13. Discussion and approval of support for the East Bay Writing Group (R. Beatty)
14. Discussion and approval regarding art in the Balfour park site (B. Weber)
15. Discussion regarding Art Planning Team with Brentwood schools (M. Hannigan/J. Melloni).
16. Update on Shea Homes variance approval. (A. Beckstrand)
17. Update on Art Gallery/Tri Delta Transit as transportation for the elementary schools to the art gallery (M. Hannigan/B.Weber/B. Guise).
18. Appointment of a Budget Subcommittee (R. Beatty).
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE: (Annette Beckstrand)
COMMISSIONER AND STAFF COMMENTS:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS, SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER, WHICH IS READILY ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA TITLE). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTICIPATION IN ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY’S CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL, LOUIS R. KIDWELL (925) 634-6905. INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION 12101 ET SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.